Saturday, May 30, 2009

Girls Basketball Shooting Secret Revealed

During my sophomore year at the University of Memphis, I hit 5 out of 6 three pointers against St. John's University. My junior year at Hamilton High School I scored 45 points in a single game against Craigmont High School. As a player at Sherwood Junior High, I hit 16 out of 17 free throws against Snowden Junior High school. I ended up with over 30 points in that game. How could I accomplish such feats during my basketball career?

Before entering junior high school, we lived in an apartment that did not have basketball goals. So I created my own. My step father took a milk crate and knocked the bottom out of it. Not long after, we moved to some apartments that had 4 basketball courts. I was in heaven. I was always up there playing basketball. Even on days that I went to the beauty shop to get my hair done. Once I got back home, I was back on the court.

In junior high school, I saved my allowance and purchased my own basketball goal to have at my grandmother's house. After meals with a full stomach, I was in the back of the house shooting on my goal.

At an early age, I knew the importance of always working on my shooting without even knowing it. I never imagined that because I was constantly shooting on a crate, at the court up the street and in my grandmother's back yard would be the key to my hitting 5 out of 6 threes, scoring 45 points and hitting 16 out of 17 free throws.

By Patosha Jeffery

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 Comments:

Other News




Do You Have Website and Want to Link Exchange With Me ??

Click Here to Know How you can Link Exchange with Me