Saturday, October 18, 2008

Girls Basketball Motivation and Inspiration II

I explained in Girls Basketball Motivation and Inspiration how girl's basketball is a "game of thought". Now, I want to explain how it is a "game of goals".

Earl Nightingale said that "People with goals succeed because they know where they are going... It's as simple as that." And Geoffry F. Abert said "The most important thing about goals is having one."

Every since I was in elementary school, I wanted to play basketball. I would go get my hair done early Saturday mornings. By that afternoon, the hairstyle was gone because I was on the court. As soon as I finished eating lunch or dinner, I was shooting basketball.

I can remember when I was in the 3rd grade and I would look down the field at recess and watch the older kids playing basketball and thinking that I can't wait until I get in the 4th grade then I will be able to go down their and play. And that's exactly what I did.

The first week of school of my 7th grade year I went searching for the basketball coach so I could find out when tryouts were. I was determined to reach my goal of making the girls basketball team. When I found the coach, he looked at me and said that I was too skinny to play basketball. I eventually got the coach to let me try out. Not only did I make the team. I started every single game, lead the team in scoring and was MVP for 3 straight years.

I believe Scott Reed said it best about goals and how basketball is a "game of goals". "This one step, choosing a goal and sticking to it, changes everything."

Determining what goals you want to achieve in any aspect of the game of basketball can change everything.

By Patosha Jeffery


Check Out the Related Article : Basketball Betting Odds

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 Comments:

Other News




Do You Have Website and Want to Link Exchange With Me ??

Click Here to Know How you can Link Exchange with Me